Sunday, October 18, 2009

Blog 5

I believe every one's life is predetermined by special individual fate. I am not sure exactly why I believe that but I do. What I do not believe though is that your path towards your fate is predetermined. I believe that your life decisions and choices are all up to you but one way or another fate will come. In my life I believe I live free in someways but others I am oppressed by my family and society. In "Fate, Freedom, and Foreknowledge" by Theodore Schick Jr. he states "If you have to do something- if it is not in your power to do otherwise- then you are not free to do it." Which I believe is true within most of lives we live. Everyday we wake up either go to school or work all day, then go home and go to sleep to do it again tomorrow. None of this is really "our choice". After reading this section Schick has brought to my attention that in both The Matrix and the "real world" you are either being controlled by someone or something just in two different ways. So in that case there really is not any point in trying to escape from one or the other because either way your life is not truly up to you. Although in the Matrix it seems to be like it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment